Thanksgiving gratitudes

I hope this Thanksgiving morning finds you well wherever you are.

I will start by acknowledging that I am living on the unceded lands of the Duwamish people. For many native Americans, Thanksgiving is a day of remembrance. The UUA has shared a family story called The Story of Tisquantum in that spirit.

As I write I am watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with my wife and daughter. This is one of our family traditions, even though we have never been to New York City and don't usually shop at Macy's. I will spend a few moments reflecting on just a few of the things I am grateful for this year.

I am grateful that the peaceful transition of power to the Biden-Harris administration has started, and that competent people are being named to deal with the challenges facing our country.

I am grateful for all my family members at this time of family gatherings.

I am grateful for doctors, nurses, and other health workers who continue to work hard to save lives during this pandemic.

I am grateful for all the artists and content creators our there who are continuing to create content to lift our spirits. Today I became a supporter on Patreon for the first time. I encourage everyone who can afford to, to support a content creator who has touched your life. Many people are struggling and every little bit helps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After the heart attack

Marking one year since the murder of George Floyd

A spiritual summer