Guitar Lessons


My church has an auction every year. This year it is online. I decided to donate something new to the auction. I will give 1-on-1 online guitar lessons to up to ten people who contribute to the auction. This is something I have only done a few times before in person, and never online. It is long overdue.

I have been playing guitar since I was four, with a decade off in my teens and twenties. Over forty years altogether. I learned mostly on my own, by listening to songs on the radio and working out how to play them. I had a few books with introductory lessons and chord boxes. I only learned to read music a few years ago. But I can play hundreds of songs, and have written more than twenty of my own, in three different tunings.

I needed a photo for the auction site, so my wife took this photo of me on our couch. The guitar is a Yamaha NTX 700 classical acoustic-electric, with nylon strings. It has a beautiful sound and is easy to play. I bought it ten years ago and it is still my favorite.

I've already started to put together a beginner lesson plan. I'm hoping these lessons will help others to find inspiration to start playing, continue playing, or take their playing to the next level.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

After the heart attack

Marking one year since the murder of George Floyd

A spiritual summer